Are you tired of sacrificing taste for your low-carb or keto diet? Look no further than this delicious recipe for low-carb chicken enchiladas. Not only is it packed with flavor, but it’s also quick and easy to prepare. With only 2g net carbs per serving, you can indulge in your favorite Mexican dish without feeling guilty.
Why Low-Carb Chicken Enchiladas Are a Great Option
Whether you’re trying to lose weight or just maintain a healthy lifestyle, following a low-carb or keto diet can be challenging. However, it doesn’t mean you have to give up your favorite foods, like Mexican cuisine. This low-carb chicken enchiladas recipe is a great option for several reasons. Firstly, it’s packed with protein from the rotisserie chicken, which is an excellent source of lean protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissues in the body, as well as helping you feel full and satisfied for longer.
Secondly, the low-carb tortillas from Great Low Carb Bread Company are a great alternative to traditional high-carb tortillas. They’re made with ingredients like wheat protein isolate and oat fiber which provide a lower-carb, high-fiber option.
Thirdly, the recipe is loaded with healthy ingredients like salsa, sour cream, onion, garlic, chili powder, and ground cumin, which are all great sources of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Finally, it’s an easy recipe to prepare, taking only 20 minutes of preparation time and 30 minutes of cooking time.
How to Make Low-Carb Chicken Enchiladas
Now, let’s dive into the recipe and how to make these delicious low-carb chicken enchiladas.
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 Great Low Carb Bread Company tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In a large bowl, mix together the shredded chicken, salsa, sour cream, chopped onion, minced garlic, chili powder, ground cumin, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the low-carb tortillas on a microwave-safe plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 30 seconds to soften.
- Divide the chicken mixture evenly among the tortillas, spooning it into the center of each tortilla. Roll up each tortilla and place seam-side down in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top of the enchiladas.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Customize the recipe by adding your favorite toppings like chopped cilantro, diced tomatoes, or sliced avocado.
This recipe serves 6 and has only 2g net carbs per serving and 350 calories per serving.
How to Customize Your Low-Carb Chicken Enchiladas
One of the best things about this low-carb chicken enchiladas recipe is how easily you can customize it to your liking. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Use Different Meats – While rotisserie chicken is a quick and easy option, you can also use cooked and shredded beef or pork.
- Add Vegetables – For some added nutrition, try adding diced bell peppers, zucchini, or spinach to the chicken mixture.
- Change Up the Cheese – Cheddar cheese is a classic choice, but you can also use pepper jack, Monterrey jack, or a blend of cheeses.
- Experiment with Sauces – If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding a different type of sauce to your chicken mixture. Salsa verde or chipotle sauce would be delicious options.
- Add Toppings – As mentioned before, chopped cilantro, diced tomatoes, and sliced avocado would make great toppings for these enchiladas. You could also try adding sliced black olives or jalapeñ
Low-Carb Chicken Enchiladas: A Healthy Alternative to Traditional Enchiladas
Traditional enchiladas are typically made with tortillas made from corn or flour and are high in carbohydrates. However, this low-carb chicken enchiladas recipe uses low-carb tortillas and has only 2g net carbs per serving. This makes it a great option for those on a low-carb or keto diet, as well as anyone looking to make healthier choices.
In addition to being low in carbs, this recipe also has some other health benefits. Chicken is a good source of lean protein, which can help with weight management and muscle growth. The salsa and onions add some extra vitamins and minerals to the dish, while the garlic and spices provide some antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
If you’re looking to make this recipe even healthier, you could try using homemade salsa. This would give you more control over the ingredients and could help reduce the amount of added sugars and preservatives in the dish.
Low-carb chicken enchiladas are a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional enchiladas. This recipe is quick and easy to make, using pre-made low-carb tortillas and rotisserie chicken. With only 2g net carbs per serving, it’s a great option for those on a low-carb or keto diet.
What we love about this recipe is how versatile it is. You can easily customize it to your liking by adding different meats, vegetables, cheeses, sauces, and toppings. This makes it a great option for meal prep, as you can make a big batch and switch up the flavors throughout the week.
So next time you’re craving some Mexican food, give this low-carb chicken enchiladas recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed!